Thursday, October 1, 2015

Let's FALL into reading with some great new books this October!

Happy October!

We have sixty-eight new titles here in the library this month.  These include fiction, non-fiction, graphic novels, DVDs and ebooks.

I'm trying something new, playing around with different mediums.  I created a flyer for our new books this month, but I'd love your feedback on which you prefer...the blog post where I list every single book cover and Goodreads link...or just a flyer with highlights.  The flyer should be emailed to you and you just click on the link to see all the pretties.



And in case you're wondering where the new books are (due to our Banned Book Week display of empty shelves)...

...they're temporarily living on the reserve shelves next to Mr. Fuderich's room / those old periodicals nobody looks at anymore.


And in case you were wondering about the ebooks...I've got you covered.


And just a quick word about Some Boys and Faking Normal.  They were selected for the Quick Picks for Reluctant Reader's committee I was on last year (remember, I had to read like 700 books and my committee picked the top ten best books for teenagers?) Anyway, these books are amazing and I've wanted students to have the chance to read them for ages so I'm really excited we have them as  ebooks.  They deal with some tough issues (self-harm, abuse and assault) but the topics are dealt with in a very approachable and honest way.  Seriously, there's a reason these books made the list, do check them out.

So stop by the library and take a look at what's on offer this month!



No comments:

Post a Comment