Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Coming Soon!

Here's a teaser for an awesome new book coming to our library April 1st.  (And no, it's not an April Fools joke).


 
Jennifer Nielsen does it again!  You all know how much I loved The False Prince, (I believe the words, "If I can't be Sage then I want to be his best friend" crossed my lips) and the second book in the trilogy is just as good.

Middle books in a trilogy can be tricky.  Sometimes they fall flat, seeming to be just a stopping point in order for the author to get to the climatic good stuff in the final conclusion.  However, one thing I've always been impressed with by Nielsen is her ability to tell a rousing good story, despite it being part of a larger arc.  Did I finish this wishing to read more about Sage and his adventures?  Yes!  Did I finish this exasperated because it left everything hanging and was just a marker before the next book?  No!

In The Runaway King, Sage is once again fighting for his life and his kingdom.  If you all thought the ending of The False Prince would lead to sunshine and roses you were very much mistaken.  None of his advisers or fellow countryman seem to trust Sage very much, which makes getting things done... challenging.  And with pirates and enemy forces looming, Sage must make a decision.  Does saving his country meaning giving up everything he's worked so hard to achieve?  Friends?  Country?  Freedom?

You'll just have to read it to find out! 

No comments:

Post a Comment